A Charlotte doctor who was charged with sexually assaulting two patients last week has had fourteen additional people come forward against him, according to police.
51-year-old Fidelis Edosomwan was charged in the first case with second-degree sexual offense and in the second with three counts of sexual battery and second-degree sexual offense.
Police hope the announcement of Edosomwan’s charges and arrested will encourage other possible victims to come forward.
A statement by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said the information is being reviewed by detectives and the District Attorney’s Office on the new accusations to see if criminal acts were committed by Edosomwan in these cases.
Edosomwan has denied all filed accusations, his attorney said in a statement. Edosomwan is married and a father to five children.
He was charged Jan. 30 and signed an agreement on Feb. 4 with the North Carolina Medical Board agreeing not to practice medicine until permission is given by the board president.