CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Police in Charlotte are investigating after a 13-year-old girl accused a Charlotte man, more than twice her age, of having a sexual relationship with her.
According to a search warrant released by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, officers were called to a home on November 23 when a young girl returned home from a night out.
The girl, 13, reportedly refused to tell her parents where she had been the previous night.
When police showed up, the young girl admitted she had spent the night at the home of a 28-year-old man, with whom she has been in a year-long sexual relationship.
The young girl described the inside of Jonathan Rubio’s English Hills Drive apartment to officers, according to the warrant, including his bedroom.
She was then taken to a Charlotte-area hospital, by her parents, for treatment and a sexual assault kit.
Officers interviewed Rubio who said he spent the previous night with his roommate.
According go the warrant, his roommate didn’t have the same story and told officers he hadn’t seen Rubio most of the night.
When questioned about the girl’s story about an alleged sexual relationship, Rubio wanted to leave the interview, the warrant states.
He was arrested and charged with statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child.
Rubio is currently being held in the Mecklenburg County Jail under a $75,000 bond and a detainer from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.